Life with the Cloistered Domincan Nuns

Life with the Cloistered Domincan Nuns

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Anniversary of Deceased Friends and Benefactors

Dominicans, like all religious and all Christians, try to welcome guests to their houses as Christ himself. We were reminded of this in today's special Mass reading from Matthew 25:31-46: "I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me...Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brethren of mine, you did for me."

Today we are celebrating the anniversary of our deceased friends and benefactors. All those people who come to our monastery for Mass, to join us in community prayer, or to just sit a while and pray before the Blessed Sacrament...all those people who contact us via letter, email, phone call...all those people who help make our Dominican monastic life possible through their friendship and also their financial support. We are so grateful to them and this is why we remember them today, both living and deceased. We have been especially blessed this past year both in friendships and in gifts from our benefactors, and we thank you for all your generosity to us, spiritual and temporal. Please know you are in our prayers always--in life and in death!

No comments:

Post a Comment