67 Years on Lotus Lane
It was November 9, 1945--just a few months after the foundresses arrived in Lufkin on July 26, 1945--that enclosure was established here at the Monastery of the Infant Jesus.
This was the original "farmhouse" monastery on Lotus Lane.
Today, 67 years later, things have changed a lot--at least on the outside!
But some things haven't changed. Our adoration of the Blessed Sacrament continues daily, as does our singing of the Liturgy of the Hours and Mass. We still continue our lives of prayer and sacrifice for the whole world. And we even have two of our original foundresses from 1945 still with us here on earth. We are so grateful to everyone who helps to make our life possible.
For more interesting pictures of the early days, check out our history page here.
And for interesting pictures of our Dominican life today, check out the rest of our website here.